Walk completed August 16, 2014

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2, 2014 -- Day 17, St. Mary Bourne to Stockbridge, 13 miles

Typically, finding my way through town to get to the footpath is the most difficult exercise of the day, but not today. The footpath I needed to follow started from the hotel’s car park. It immediately crossed over a little creek, the Bourne Rivulet, where I rousted two swans and their cygnets that were sleeping under the footbridge.

Swans and cygnets
 
Twenty minutes later I encountered two ladies walking their dogs. In response to my typical “good morning” greeting, one of them exclaimed “Oh, you’re the man who spoke with the thatchers yesterday!” Either news gets around quickly in small towns, or my fan club is spreading.

I didn’t see anyone else on the footpath all day, until two bicycle riders passed me near Stockbridge.

 
Pretty Farmhouse

View from footpath

Hidden directional sign
(try to find it)

Footbridge over River Test at Wherwell


 
Reminder: Click on any picture to enlarge.


© 2014 Ken Klug

1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous day for a quiet walk along the river. I can almost smell those beautiful roses! Very pretty farm house indeed. How about bugs, I bet I would be covered by them!
    Happy trail to you!

    ReplyDelete